Search This Blog

Thursday 10 June 2010

Art for all?


Yesterday I went to see a documentary about Gilbert&George and another interview that was held just after the show and must say... I have completely changed my mind about them. To be honest, I expected more from this world known provocative artists. They are not so provocative at all and are acting more like a rock stars than a real artists. I don't know... but it all seemed so fake today. I truly believe in the work they did 30 years ago, but today it all seems just like show business. They are selling themselves for a great deal of money and pretend it doesn't mater at all.
In the early days they adopted the slogan ''Art for all'' and today their work sells for up to £1 million – says the Telegraph.co.uk. And I ask a question: Is it really art for all? And is it art at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment