Search This Blog

Tuesday 11 January 2011

An artist and a poet


I've been visiting several exhibitions lately and I must say it is one of the things I really enjoy doing! Few days ago I went to see the exhibition called ''Vlado Martek: Poetry in Action'' which was held at the Miroslav Kraljević Gallery.

In this post I want to introduce to you Vlado Martek (born in 1951.) - one of the most important Croatian contemporary artists. He is not formally educated to be an artist, but he graduated literature and philosophy on the Zagreb Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences and that's what, in my opinion, helped him become such an influential and productive artist. Along with his art works he also writes poetry and often combines this two activities. As he once wrote: ''Taking pen in hand is always an act of honesty.''

No comments:

Post a Comment