Search This Blog

Wednesday 18 August 2010

At the black eagle


While I was taking a walk the other day through the Upper town I saw this book left at the stand of a pharmacy. I suppose that a tourist left it by accident while being amazed by the city's beauty! :) Later I saw that the owner came back for it. 
It was in front of one of the oldest pharmacies in Zagreb called K crnom orlu (eng. At the black eagle). It dates from 18. century but was placed in this building by the old Upper town entrance Kamenita vrata (eng. Stone gates) in 1908.

4 comments:

  1. Nice photo. Happy that the tourist found his book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how neat! Helena I have a question for you about your city. if I had 1-2 DAYs in zagreb, what would you recommend i must see? hopefully I'm meeting my friends who are traveling from the states.

    p.s I live in Split, but have never been to zagreb (I know, hard to believe.)LOL

    best regards,
    Elisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elisa!
    I definitely think you should visit Zagreb Cathedral. After that take a walk through Upper and than Lower town. If you like museums, you can visit Zagreb city museum on Upper town, or if you like art that Modern gallery or Museum of contemporary art. Also, don't miss Croatian national theater. Definitely the best thing is taking a walk through Zagreb center. If you need more info send me an e-mail. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Helena. I will send you an email.

    ReplyDelete