A real Zagreb jewel - park Maksimir! It is situated in the east part of Zagreb, which was in the 18. and part of 19. century an outskirt of the city. Two great men have made it possible, the founder of park Maksimir bishop Maksimilijan Vrhovac and his successor archbishop Juraj Haulik. The park was opened for public in 1794. and was greatly shaped during the 19. century in the English style. Today, it is definitely one of the most beautiful parts of Zagreb!